Wednesday, January 6, 2021

My Favorite Books of 2020

 My Favorite Books of 2020

Hey all! Another year is almost over and this one has been a doozey! Thankfully, even though this has been a crap year there has still been some great books. I was able to complete a total of 185 books. Wow! So now I'm really excited to share my favorite reads of the year with you. Not all of these books were released in 2020, I just read them for the first time this year and loved them. These are also in no particular order, and honestly I'm not sure I could rank them if I tried.

Before I jump into my favorites, I want to start with these books that just missed the mark. Here are my honorable mentions....

The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum


Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi


What Momma Left Me by RenΓ©e Watson


The Chain by Adrian McKinty


Now, let's jump to the favorites!

Peony in Love by Lisa See


I got lost in this magical story. This was the second book I had read by Lisa See and it sent me down a rabbit hole. I ended up reading another 3 of her books before I was able to move on.

The Cannibals of Candyland by Carlton Mellick III


This is weird and I love it! What happens when instead of children eating candy... candy is eating the children?? Well.. close enough... This is the book that made bizzaro my official guilty pleasure. 

Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery


I'm not sure how I've lived my entire life without every reading (or even watching) Anne of Green Gables. Anne is now my absolute favorite literary character ever. 

Fierce Femmes and Notorious Liars by Kai Cheng Thom


Up until this book, I had never even heard of a fictional memoir. I ended up loving this book so much. I cried so hard at certain parts, the emotion behind the writing made this feel like it was someone's actual life. It's absolutely beautifully written.

Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling


This one is my favorite middle grade book. With captivating writing and a disabled main character who is determined to live her life as independently as possible this book is sure to leave a smile on your face.

The Radium Girls by Kate Moore


I'm not a fan of non-fiction. However, this was well written and very interesting. I'd recommend this book to anyone looking to read about women's history.

Far From the Tree by Robin Benway


I fell in love with this book right from the very beginning. In this one our main character finds herself pregnant and chooses adoption, then she decides to find her own birth mother. This story was touching, beautiful and sweet. I highly recommend!

I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn


I loved everything about this book. It's one of my favorite books ever and rather than just gush about everything I love (again) I'll just leave a link to my review HERE!

Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo


Elizabeth Acevedo is such a powerful writer and when you listen to her narrate her powerful words with her commanding voice it's simply amazing! If you're looking for a hard hitting story that will get you right in the chest I recommend this one. I also recommend the audiobook, not just for this one but for all her books.

Ruinsong by Julia Ember


Ruinsong is exciting, delightful and enchanting. I loved the musical magic aspect of the story. This was my first time reading about magical music but now I'm totally hooked!

Titanlord: A Thousand Ashes by M.G. Darwish


This is the second book in the Titanlord series. It's packed with tons of action and exciting adventures. Combine that with powerful magic and you have a fantasy series that will pull you into a world you won't want to leave. I personally, can't get enough of this series.

If you've still made it this far then tell me, what are your favorite books of 2020? Have you read any of my favorites? I'd love to hear from you!

See you on the moon! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ‘ Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...