Sunday, January 10, 2021

2020 & 2021 Reading Goals

2020 & 2021 Reading Goals
Hi all, 

So in 2020 I set some goals for myself and had a list of books I wanted to read that year. I thought it would be fun to have a look back at those goals and create some new ones for 2021. So let's do it!

Books

Finders Keepers & End Of Watch by Stephen King - Yes! I have finished both of these!

P.S. I Still Love You & Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han - I also finished (and loved!) both of these!

Cress; Fairest; Winter & Stars Above by Marissa Meyer - I finished Cress and Winter but I did not get to Fairest & Stars Above.

Paper Towns by John Green - I started this one and ended up DNF'ing it about 1/3 of the way through.

When God Was A Rabbit by Sarah Winman - I haven't read this one yet but I still really want to. Hopefully I'll get to it soon.

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens - Read it!

The Wasp Factory by Ian Banks - Not yet but hopefully soon!

Carrie; Under The Dome & The Long Walk by Stephen King - I finished Carrie but Under The Dome and The Long Walk are now goals for 2021.

The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo - Not yet, but definitely soon.

Marie Antoinette Serial Killer by Kate Alender - Read it and really enjoyed it!

The Cannibals of Candyland by Carlton Mellick III - Read it, Loved it, and now I'm hooked on the bizaro genre.

Bunny by Mona Awad - Unfortunately, I didn't get to this one yet.

The Turn of The Key by Ruth Ware - Not yet but hopefully in 2021.

Goals

1. Goodreads: My main challenge of this year is to complete 100 books. ✔ I ended this year with a total of 185 books read!

2. Popsugar: If I complete my first challenge this one shouldn't be an issue. I wanna complete the Popsugar 2020 Reading Challenge for the second year in a row. ✔ Finished!

3. Buy Less Books: This year my goal is to restrain myself from buying a mass amount of books. This includes thrift stores and garage/yard sales. It does NOT include free kindle books. To earn a new physical book I must read 5 physical books that I already own. Reading my kindle books do not count towards earning a physical book. ✔ While I did break my no buy fairly early into the year, I did not buy nearly as many books this year.

4. Read More King: This year I would like to try and read 12 Stephen King books in a year. This will be my first full year reading Stephen King so I'm pretty excited to catch up on all that I've missed. ✖ Unfortunately, I failed this one and ended the year with 6 King books. I'm still happy with that number.

5. Read Some Classics: This year I wanna read 6 classics. I'm not a huge fan of classics and therefore haven't really read that many. I'd at least like to put a small dent in books I probably should have already read. ✔ Nailed it! I ended 2020 with 9 classics read and one of those is a new favorite book!

6. Love My Books: This is the most important goal to me. Read more books that I love and that make me happy. This year I will be doing less tours and focusing more on finding that joy of reading that inspired me to start this blog to begin with.❓ I'm not sure if I did this one or not but I'm pretty sure I did.

So overall I think I did pretty well. I read 11/20 books that I wanted to read and I completed 4/6 of my reading goals.

Now for 2021..

Books

Under The Dome & The Long Walk & Misery by Stephen King


Neverday & I Knocked Up Satan's Daughter by Carlton Mellick III


We Were Beautiful by Heather Hepler 


All The Stars and Teeth & All The Tides of Fate by Adalyn Grace



Amelia Unabridged by Ashley Schumacher


Sea Witch Rising by Sarah Henning


Project Nemesis Trilogy by Brendan Reichs 


Elites of Eden & Rebels of Eden by Joey Graceffa



Goals

1. Read 100 books: I'd like to try and read at least 100 books again this year.

2. Prioritize my Physical TBR: I started 2021 with 301 physical books on my TBR, I want to cut that down as much as possible.
3. Classics: I would like to continue to read more classics. I think 6 books is a great goal to reach for.

4. Popsugar Reading Challenge: I love a challenge and hopefully I'll finish the Popsugar Reading Challenge for the third year in a row.

5. Translated Works: This year I'd like to read at least 4 translated books.

6. Series: I want to finish off as many of the series I have started as possible.

If you're still reading, thank you so much! Do you have any goals for 2021? Have you read any of the books mentioned on this post? If so, what are your thoughts? 

That's all for now but I'll be back soon with more bookish content!

See you on the moon! XO

8 comments:

  1. Very good post. You have penned down your reading goals for 2020 & 2021. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your 2020 goals. I want to read more translated work too. I'm hoping to read a lot of books that I already own this year!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping to do that as well. My physical TBR has gotten out of control so hopefully this is the year I get it down to 150 or less!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on finishing so many of your reading goals for 2020. I’m sadly lacking in my classic reading and it’s one area I want to improve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Classics can be a real struggle sometimes. Thankfully 2021 has just begun and we can always improve our stats.

      Delete

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...