Monday, July 15, 2019

Angel Of Shadow by D.H. Nevins Review

Angel Of Shadow
by D.H. Nevins


🌕🌕🌕🌗🌑

In this book we get to see a continuation in the lives of Kali and Tiamat. This time we get to experience life for the Nephilim after they believe the Earth has been fully cleansed and all the humans have gone to face God for their judgment. We also get to watch Kali discover her powers and she tries to find out who she is and how she can live with her connection to the shadows. Kali, Tiamat and the other Nephilim are all but doomed now that the cleanse is believed to be finished. With no future to speak of they must find a way to continue on as they learn who they can trust and who they can't.

This is the second book in the Wormwood Trilogy. After reading the first book I was excited to continue on with Kali and Tiamat and learn more about their fate. I wasn't disappointed as once again Nevins gave me an interesting tale full of more forbidden love, more action, more adventure, more betrayal and a pretty epic fight scene. This second novel definitely lived up to the first one and I think Nevins did a great job on it.

I found there were places where I couldn't put this book down and then places where it seemed to drag on and on. I think the book could have been a bit shorter and benefited from having some of the filler left out. If you enjoy books on the longer side you might consider this a plus.

Overall, I enjoyed it and I'm glad to of read more about Kali and Tiamat. I look forward to reading the third book in the series once it is released.

To read my review on Wormwood, the first book in the Wormwood Trilogy, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...