Friday, June 28, 2019

Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters Review

Lies My Girlfriend Told Me
by Julie Anne Peters


🌕🌕🌕🌕🌗

In Lies My Girlfriend Told Me we see the world through the eyes of Alix after the sudden death of her girlfriend Swanee. Alix thought she and Swanee would be together for the rest of their lives, but  everything changes when Swanee dies suddenly at only 17 years old. When Alix finds Swanee's cell phone, she finds strange text from a mysterious number saved as LT. When Alix learns the truth about LT and Swanee dating for their entire relationship, she decides to text her as Swanee to gather more information about her and their relationship before finally meeting up with LT to tell her of Swanee's passing. Once the secret is out the two must deal with all the lies Swanee has told them and figure out how to move past with all their questions they will never get the answers to. 

I loved this book and finished it in just over 24 hours, which is good for me as I don't have a lot of time where I can binge read. I actually meant to read this book a few years ago but I never did for some unknown reason; however, I'm really glad I finally did read it. Alix is such a tender character. She's 17 years old and just found out her super healthy girlfriend has just dropped dead. We watch her go through her grief and make some, shall we say, less than wise choices. We watch Alix grow as a human as she moves through grief, anger and acceptance over everything that has happened sense Swanee's passing. 

What I didn't like about the story is how LT did not figure out Swanee had died until Alix showed up and told her. I feel like in order for this point to have worked better the fake name should have been much more different than her real name. I understand that her lying about her location and school would have contributed to LT not figuring it out, it should of been enough to at least arouse suspicion. It just seems a little too unrealistic for me. 

I found this book to engaging and well written. I loved the characters, although I hated their names (Alix & Swanee). I thought the story had an overall good flow. Overall, I loved it. I do recommend reading this book for anyone who would like a quick f/f teen romance.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed this one. I love a good, fast read like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked this one. I do love this author!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm hoping to read more of her books in the near future.

      Delete
  3. Ohhh! Loss and intrigue and disappointment...enticing combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very good book. I hope you yet the chance to check it out!

      Delete

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...