Monday, May 13, 2019

2019 PopSugar Reading Challenge So Far

2019 PopSugar Challenge So Far


For the last few years I haven't had much time for reading, despite books being my first love. As an incentive to get myself to read more I accepted the PopSugar Reading Challenge. I accepted this challenge every year for the last three years actually (not successfully I should add). I (once again) decided this is definitely going to be the year I definitely finish it. I'm happy to say it's actually looking good this year as this is the closest I've ever come to finishing it. Below I'll log my progress and then when I (fingers crossed) finish the challenge I'll post my completed list.

☆~☆~☆

2019 POPSUGAR READING CHALLENGE
1.A book becoming a movie in 2019
Pet Semetary by Stephen King ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2.A book that makes you nostalgic
3.A book written by a musician (fiction or nonfiction)
11/22/63 by Stephen King ⭐⭐⭐☆☆
4.A book you think should be turned into a movie
The House of Twelve by Sean Davies ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
5.A book with at least one million ratings on Goodreads
6.A book with a plant in the title or on the cover
Blue Rabbit by Jimena Novaro ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
7.A reread of a favorite book
8.A book about a hobby
The Tunes of Lenore by J.T. Blossom ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
9.A book you meant to read in 2018
Angel Killer by Andrew Mayne ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
10.A book with POP, SUGAR, or CHALLENGE in the title
Sugar And Spice And Not So Nice by Janet McNulty ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
11.A book with an item of clothing or accessory on the cover
Minno by James Barlog ⭐⭐☆☆☆
12.A book inspired by myth/legend/folklore
The Lasy Olympian by Rick Riordan ⭐⭐⭐☆☆
13.A book published posthumously
14.A book you see someone reading on TV or in a movie
15.A retelling of a classic
As Old As Time by Liz Braswell ⭐⭐⭐☆☆
16.A book with a question in the title
17.A book set on college or university campus
New Girl by A. Fae ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
18.A book about someone with a superpower
Mrs. Marvel, Vol 2: Generation Why by G. Willow Wilson ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
19.A book told from multiple POVs
Expiration Date by Kristin Coley ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
20.A book set in space
21.A book by two female authors
22.A book with SALTY, SWEET, BITTER, or SPICY in the title
23.A book set in Scandinavia
24.A book that takes place in a single day
25.A debut novel
26.A book that's published in 2019
Shakespeare's Witch: Pages Of Darkness Book One by Samantha Grosser ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
27.A book featuring an extinct or imaginary creature
The Many Adventures of Peter and Fi Volume I: Homecoming by Kelvyn Fernandes ⭐⭐⭐☆☆
28.A book recommended by a celebrity you admire
29.A book with LOVE in the title
30.A book featuring an amateur detective
31.A book about a family
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
32.A book author from Asia, Africa, or South America
33.A book with a zodiac sign or astrology term in title
34.A book that includes a wedding
Soulstealers by Jacqueline Rohrbach ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
35.A book by an author whose first and last names start with the same letter
The Battle Of The Labyrinth by Rick Riordan ⭐⭐⭐☆☆
36.A ghost story
A Medium's Birthday Surprise by Chariss K. Walker ⭐⭐⭐☆☆
37.A book with a two-word title
Four Nails by G.J. Berger ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
38.A novel based on a true story
She Said Yes: The Unlikely Martyrdom of Cassie Bernall by Misty Bernall ⭐⭐⭐☆☆
39.A book revolving around a puzzle or game
40.Your favorite prompt from a past POPSUGAR Reading challenge

•ADVANCED•
41.A "cli-fi" (climate fiction) book
42.A "choose-your-own-adventure" book
MAROONED: Will You Endure Treachery and Survival on the High Seas? by James Schannep ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
43.An "own voices" book
Mrs. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal by G. Willow Wilson ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
44.Read a book during the season it is set in
45.A LitRPG book
46.A book with no chapters / unusual chapter headings / unconventionally numbered chapters
Looking For Alaska by John Green ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
47.Two books that share the same title
Bittersweet by Brooke Moss ⭐⭐⭐☆☆
48.Two books that share the same title
Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
49.A book that has inspired a common phrase or idiom
50.A book set in an abbey, cloister, monastery, vicarage, or convent
The Haunting of Briarwych Church by Amy Cross ⭐⭐⭐☆☆

☆~☆~☆

Do you know of any other fun reading challenges? Are you currently doing any or have you done any in the past? Do you have any suggestions for any of the prompts I haven't finished yet? Please comment below and tell me all about it! I'd love to hear about your thoughts and experiences!

6 comments:

  1. You're doing great with it this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm determined to make this the year I complete it!

      Delete
  2. Ooh great job. You're off to an awesome start!

    A Book Set in Space: Illuminae by Amie Kauffman and Jay Kristoff
    A Book by Two Female Authors: Anything by Christina Lauren; it's two authors with one name. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I will definitely check out the book and those authors. It's quite interesting that they paired up together.

      Delete
  3. Holy crap, you're killing this!!! Great job! I finished the 2019 Modern Mrs. Darcy Challenge and Book Riot's 2019 Read Harder Challenge, and I think I'm going to take a break and free-read for a bit now. :)

    Fredrik Backman's books are set in Sweden, so that would count as a book set in Scandinavia (I really enjoyed Bear Town and am looking forward to reading more of his books).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Did you enjoy doing your challenges? I'm going to have to look them up and see what they're like.
      I've never heard of Fredrik Backman, I'll have to look him up and give one of his books a read. I always look forward to finding new authors to love!

      Delete

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...