Saturday, June 11, 2022

Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire REVIEW

 Every Heart a Doorway

by Seanan McGuire

πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•

Blurb

Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children
No Solicitations
No Visitors
No Quests

Children have always disappeared under the right conditions; slipping through the shadows under a bed or at the back of a wardrobe, tumbling down rabbit holes and into old wells, and emerging somewhere... else.

But magical lands have little need for used-up miracle children.

Nancy tumbled once, but now she’s back. The things she’s experienced... they change a person. The children under Miss West’s care understand all too well. And each of them is seeking a way back to their own fantasy world.

But Nancy’s arrival marks a change at the Home. There’s a darkness just around each corner, and when tragedy strikes, it’s up to Nancy and her new-found schoolmates to get to the heart of the matter.

No matter the cost.

Review

I absolutely adore this series! The first time I read it I binged the entire thing in under a week. Naturally all the books blended together so I'm rereading them to properly review them. (I know, it's literally the perfect excuse to reread them again so soon!)

This book is everything I never knew I needed. I love the idea of a world where a door can just appear and inside the door is a world where you fit perfectly. When the children have to leave their worlds for whatever reason the way their feelings are described sounds to me like the ache you get from missing a dream you wish was reality.

Describing my thoughts and feelings about this book is so difficult because I simply love it. There's something about it and the entire series that just has me completely captivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ‘ Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...