Sunday, March 13, 2022

Before I Let You Go by Kelly Rimmer REVIEW

 Before I Let You Go

by Kelly Rimmer


πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•

Synopsis

The 2:00 a.m. call is the first time Lexie Vidler has heard her sister’s voice in years. Annie is a drug addict, a thief, a liar—and in trouble, again. Lexie has always bailed Annie out, given her money, a place to sleep, sent her to every kind of rehab. But this time, she’s not just strung out—she’s pregnant and in premature labor. If she goes to the hospital, she’ll lose custody of her baby—maybe even go to prison. But the alternative is unthinkable.

As weeks unfold, Lexie finds herself caring for her fragile newborn niece while her carefully ordered life is collapsing around her. She’s in danger of losing her job, and her fiancΓ© only has so much patience for Annie’s drama. In court-ordered rehab, Annie attempts to halt her downward spiral by confronting long-buried secrets from the sisters’ childhood, ghosts that Lexie doesn’t want to face. But will the journey heal Annie, or lead her down a darker path?

Both candid and compassionate, Before I Let You Go explores a hotly divisive topic and asks how far the ties of family love can be stretched before they finally break.

Review

In full transparency, I went into this book completely blind. I didn't know anything about it and actually thought it was a thriller. One day I just grabbed it off the shelf and read it on a whim. After finishing the book I did read the synopsis. After reading it I don't think this book would have impacted me as much if I had of read the synopsis first. For that reason I do recommend going in blind, however if you are someone who requires trigger warnings I do recommend checking those out as there are a few of them.

Before I Let You Go is an exquisitely written family drama about two sisters, their past and their future. Lexie, who has a great job and an amazing fiancΓ©, and Annie, who is pregnant and has a severe drug addiction that she's never quite been able to conquer. After not speaking for two years Lexie receives a 2 AM phone call from Annie saying she pregnant, something is wrong and the hospital is not an option. From there the two girls lives will intwine in ways that will test their love and trust in each other.

Holy crap on a cracker did this book ever get to me! My heart was totally and completely shattered. This beautifully written tragedy is written in a way that is raw and honest. In alternating view points, Lexie in the present and Annie in the past, we are taken through the journey of their lives from childhood to where they are now. Before I Let You Go is a heartbreaking story of addiction, family, pain and the ties that connect them together.

I recommend this to anyone who is looking for something honest and raw about real life issues. Before you read it, I strongly recommend grabbing some tissues.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Dr Winner for saving my broken Marriage and bringing my husband back to me!.
    Me and my husband are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr. Winner If you have any problem contact Dr.Winner now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at: Winnersspellcast@gmail.com or you can also call him or add him on whats-app: +2348138289852...or view his website:https://winnersspellcast.blogspot.com or via his Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/drwinnerspelltemple/

    ReplyDelete

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ‘ Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...