Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Cool For The Summer by Dahlia Adler REVIEW

Cool For The Summer
by Dahlia Adler


🌕🌕🌕🌑🌑

Synopsis

Lara's had eyes for exactly one person throughout her three years of high school: Chase Harding. He's tall, strong, sweet, a football star, and frankly, stupid hot. Oh, and he's talking to her now. On purpose and everything. Maybe...flirting, even? No, wait, he's definitely flirting, which is pretty much the sum of everything Lara's wanted out of life.

Except she’s haunted by a memory. A memory of a confusing, romantic, strangely perfect summer spent with a girl named Jasmine. A memory that becomes a confusing, disorienting present when Jasmine herself walks through the front doors of the school to see Lara and Chase chatting it up in front of the lockers.

Lara has everything she ever wanted: a tight-knit group of friends, a job that borders on cool, and Chase, the boy of her literal dreams. But if she's finally got the guy, why can't she stop thinking about the girl?


Review

Thank you to Netgalley and Wednesday Books for a review copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own. 

Cool For The Summer is a light YA Contemporary that focuses on Lara and the messy love triangle she finds herself in. When the guy Lara has been crushing on for forever finally falls for her everything should be kisses and sweet teen romance. However, Lara just spent the summer exploring a new fling with Jasmine, the daughter of her mothers boss. Now she has to figure out if she wants the boy, the girl or if she is stuck somewhere in between.

While I did enjoy this one, there's not really much I have to say. I thought everything was just fine. It was your typical light, fun, YA romance. The characters were perfectly fine and likeable. It was a fairly quick read and once I actually had time to sit down and read it I was able to fly through it. 

I can't really say there was anything in the book I actively disliked, I just didn't feel any strong feelings towards it either way. It was one of my most anticipated reads of 2021 and I'm super glad I took the time to read it.

There wasn't anything wrong or problematic with it that would make me not like it, it just didn't wow me. However, I think if you're looking for a light story about discovering your sexuality that includes a good bisexual love triangle you should absolutely give this one a shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...