Thursday, April 1, 2021

Books I Read Because of the PopSugar Reading Challenge

Books I Read Because of the PopSugar Reading Challenge


Hi Everyone, and welcome back to my blog! Have you ever done something for a Challenge or a favor for someone else and ended up loving what you did/found? That is exactly what happens to me every year I participate in the PopSugar Reading Challenge. This is my third year participating and giving it a honest try and I have really been enjoying it. I've stumbled on some books I don't think I would have read without this challenge and I wanted to share them with you. This does not include books that were already on my radar and they happened to fit prompts on the PopSugar Reading Challenge. These are books that I found when I was trying to fill these prompts. 

So without further rambling, let's get started!

2019

A book recommended by a celebrity you admire
Recommended by Stephen King
Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn


This was awesome! A thriller you definitely want to read!

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

2020

A book on a subject you know nothing about
The Radium Girls by Kate Moore


Now my favorite non-fiction book ever!

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

A book with a pink cover
Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling


This is the most adorable middle grade ever. I think everyone should read this.

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

A book set in Japan
I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn


I absolutely adore this book! It is the cutest romance I've ever read. The relationships are so well done all across the board. It's one of my all time favorite books.

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

2021

A book that has won the Women's Prize for Fiction
An American Marriage by Tayari Jones


Wow! There is a reason this book won the Women's Prize For Fiction.

I highly recommend these five books mentioned. Each one has a special place in my personal Reading Hall of Fame. As always, I'd love to know your recommendations for any books you stumbled across and loved. Please share your favorites with me! 

If you would like to take on the PopSugar Reading Challenge or even just learn more about it you can do so HERE!

If you're still with me thank you so much for reading! I appreciate every single subscriber, reader, and comment I get. Love to you all!

See you on the moon! 🌙
XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good variety! What is the pop sugar reading challenge btw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radium Girls is on my list too. I had a library copy that I started and enjoyed, but had to return before finishing. I think I'm going to have to buy a copy because it's one that I couldn't read huge amounts of at once (the affects of the radium were hard for me to take!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love Sharp Objects, but Dark Places is still my favorite Flynn novel. And I have An American Marriage - need to read it.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first year doing PopSugar and I'm having fun so far. Granted, I haven't hit any harder categories yet, but I've started planning, which is more than I usually do ;)

    ReplyDelete

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...