Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Book Vs Movie Round 1: The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick

Book Vs Movie Round 1

 The Silver Linings Playbook

by Matthew Quick

 VS 


Let me start off by saying I really enjoyed both the book and the movie. Their differences worked for both of them respectively. 

The differences between the book and movie are apparent right away. One of the books biggest reveals happens within the first 15 minutes of the movie. When I saw that I thought for sure the movie was ruined right away. However, the movie did end up making everything work. It was different, but it worked.

In regards to the characters, there were a couple personalities that were completely different in the book and movie. The characters with the biggest personality differences were Tiffany and Pat's father. It's hard to pick where these characters were done better because the book and the movie are quite different. For how the book played out, its version of Tiffany and Pat's father were great for that context. They worked well and complimented the atmosphere of the story. However, with how the movie played out their movie personalities was perfect for their roles. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence did a great job playing their respective roles.  They had great on screen chemistry and really brought their characters to life. So do what you will with that. 

While I did enjoy the movie, I feel like if I had not of read the book before watching the movie I would of enjoyed the movie more. With that said, in this case I have to say I enjoyed the book more than the movie so for this round the book wins!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this, but I remember enjoying the movie. I think Lawrence and Cooper had great on-screen chemistry as well!

    ReplyDelete

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...