Saturday, October 17, 2020

My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix REVIEW

 My Best Friend's Exorcism
by Grady Hendrix


🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑

Synopsis:

Abby and Gretchen have been best friends since fifth grade, when they bonded over a shared love of E.T., roller-skating parties, and scratch-and-sniff stickers. But when they arrive at high school, things change. Gretchen begins to act….different. And as the strange coincidences and bizarre behavior start to pile up, Abby realizes there’s only one possible explanation: Gretchen, her favorite person in the world, has a demon living inside her. And Abby is not about to let anyone or anything come between her and her best friend. With help from some unlikely allies, Abby embarks on a quest to save Gretchen. But is their friendship powerful enough to beat the devil?

Purchase Links:
CAN - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B014BQVMGE
US - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014BQVMGE

Review:

First, I want to take a minute to appreciate that cover! The cover and the title that had me wanting to read this book from the moment I laid my eyes on it.

While I can honestly say that I really enjoyed this book, I didn't find it creepy. I found myself to be grossed out more than scared. I mean the story itself was actually really good, it just wasn't scary for me. I really enjoyed the writing. The detailing was perfect as I was able to visualize the story without it being too much. The pace was perfect! I know I mention pace a lot in my reviews but it's a "make or break" thing for me.

Abby and Gretchen's friendship was so beautiful. I love how it was far from perfect right through their lives, but they stuck together. The ending of the book had me in tears because of these two.

This is would make a good read for Halloween if you're looking for something in a creepy setting that won't scare you too much.

This was my first time reading Grady Hendrix and I was not disappointed. I ended up adding some of his other books to my TBR. 

1 comment:

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...