Thursday, February 27, 2020

My TBR Game

My TBR Game


Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. Recently I've been seeing so many TBR games from Wheel of TBR to Trivia Persuit on booktube and I absolutely love them! So, I've decided to do my own! My biggest inspirations for my own TBR game are Codie's Book Corner on YouTube and The Book Democracy Book Club on Facebook, I'll leave both of those linked at the end of this post. I highly recommend you check those out for great book recommendations.

How It Works:
Once a month I'll spin my Wheel of TBR 24 times which will give me 24 different prompts. I'll take all 24 prompts and place them on a Bingo card. The middle space will always be a FREE space. I will not be choosing the books right away, just the prompts. I don't tend to stick well to a TBR so I won't be planning an entire card.

Goals:
The goal for me is to get as many bingos as I can during the month, I am by no stretch of the imagination trying for a blackout. That is just not happening. This is literally just a way for me to work through the 300+ physical books on my TBR.

Punishment:
There is no punishment associated with this game. In January I did a massive unhaul of approximately 100 books so I don't feel the need to unhaul more right now. Also, if I read a book that I didn't enjoy that much or if I DNF a book I will pass it along to a family member or donate it to my local Little Free Library.

Prompts:

  1. Animal or Insect on the cover
  2. Mood Read - Whatever I'm in the Mood to read at the time
  3. 4 or Less Colors on the Cover
  4. Stephen King - Any Stephen King book
  5. Set During Current Season
  6. RSTLNE - The Title Starts With Any of These Letters
  7. Romance
  8. Number in the Title
  9. Chris Pick - my fiance Chris picks a book
  10. Booktube - a book I purchased because of booktube
  11. Middle Grade
  12. Under 200 Pages
  13. Red, Blue or Yellow - A book that has red, blue or yellow on the cover or in the title
  14. Random Number - I'll either use a random number generator or have my kids pick a random number
  15. 4+ Words in the Title
  16. Anthology
  17. Water on the Cover
  18. Royalty on the Cover
  19. Stand Alone
  20. A Nonhuman Scary Character - any scary character from a ghost to Frankenstein to Dracula
  21. Rory Gilmore Challenge - any book on the Rory Gilmore Challenge
  22. Adaptation
  23. Newest Book on the Shelf - the last book I've bought or received 
  24. Young Adult
  25. A Classic
  26. Ugly Cover
  27. Most Anticipated - a book I'm most excited about
  28. Color In the Title - any color in the title
  29. Dystopian
  30. Out of Comfort Zone
  31. Library Book
  32. Family Member in the title - mother, father, brother, wife, uncle, etc
  33. Gifted - a book I received as a gift
  34. Audiobook
  35. Thrifted
  36. One Word Title
  37. Historical Fiction 
  38. Blind Pick - I close my eyes and pick a book
  39. 5+ Colors on the Cover
  40. Published Before 2010
  41. Had Longest - the book I've had the longest
  42. An Author You're Unsure About - an author I wanna try but I'm unsure if I'll enjoy it or not
  43. 2 Word Title
  44. Matches My Outfit - matches what I'm wearing in some way
  45. Cover Buy - a book I bought because of the cover
  46. Girl or Woman in the Title
  47. Fantasy
  48. Pet Pick - I'll get one of my cats to pick a book


Well I guess that's everything. If you would like to see my monthly bingo boards they'll be posted around the 1st of every month on my Instagram. I'll link that down below as well. If you have any prompt ideas I'd love to hear them! Also, if there are any Youtubers or Bloggers who do fun TBR videos or posts that you wanna share, please do so! Thanks for reading!

See you on the moon! Xo

Codie's Book Corner:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCurj0D-0rPKPuMryxgOKPeg

The Book Democracy Book Club:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/thebookdemocracy/

My Instagram:
instagram.com/fourmoonreviews/

4 comments:

  1. This is so much fun! I LOVE the idea of the 'pet's pic' hahaha... I may just need to let my pets choose my next book! It might be the push I need to curl up and enjoy a good read this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one too, although I haven't done it yet. The "pet pick" was a direct inspiration by Codie. I ended up spinning that prompt for March so lets hope it goes well.

      Delete
  2. Oh fun idea! Hope you read some great books this month.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...