Tuesday, October 8, 2019

To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

To All The Boys I've Loved Before
by Jenny Han


🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑

Lara Jean has been in love a few times. When it's time to move on from each of her loves Lara Jean writes them a letter detailing everything. They are open and honest accounts of her time in love with them with nothing left unsaid, because no one will ever see these letters. Until one day Lara Jean is approached by a recipient of one of letters and finds out they have actually been sent out. Lara Jean's life suddenly becomes more complicated as she tries to navigate through life with her letters out in the open for her previous loves to read. 

I loved this book! I loved the lighthearted innocence of it. The writing was light and fun. It was a fairly quick and enjoyable read. It was just wonderful! Either YA romances are getting better or my tastes are changing because this is something I normally would have never touched, never mind loved.

Lara Jean was such a great character. Her personality was just awesome, she was truly enjoyable. The relationship between her and her sisters was absolutely adorable. It was good to show both ups and downs within their relationship because it added relatability to them. Peter was up and down for me. He had qualities that I loved and qualities that I hated. I loved how he was with Kitty and how funny his character was. What I hated was how much of a jealous person he could be and how he would try to stop Lara Jean and Josh from hanging out yet expect her to not have an issue with him hanging out with his ex. That's not cute, it's not cool.

Overall, yes this story had it's issues and no it wasn't perfect. However, it was absolutely wonderful and I really enjoyed reading it. I recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun lighthearted read. 

2 comments:

  1. The movie was just so incredible, I can't wait to read this. It does look like a fun light read like you mention which is sometimes just exactly what is needed. These types of books are just so refreshing.

    bookstune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm hoping to get to it soon. I've heard such good things about it. This book is an awesome lighthearted palette cleanser! I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

      Delete

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...