Friday, August 2, 2019

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume Review

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
by Judy Blume



πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•


Are You There God? It's Me Margaret is the story of Margaret Simon, a young girl going through the tough prepubescent time in her life. Margaret and her family move from New York City to Farbrook, New Jersey. As if starting a new school and having to make new friends isn't hard enough, Margaret must also navigate her way through everything turning 12 years old has to offer. We Watch as she explores issues and events every young girl goes through; boys, bras, periods, religion, finding herself, body image, friends, rumors and so much more. 

This is my first Judy Blume book. I know, it's totally crazy right? Being a bookworm my entire life you would think I would of read something, even if not this title, by the well known author. Now that I have, I'm wishing I had read this book back in my own prepubescent time. There is something so innocent and honest about Blume's portrayal of this very emotional time that I found so comforting and wonderful. 

The characters were well written. I loved how they seemed to be normal everyday kids. They weren't made into perfect little puppets for the sake of a happy ending. It just open and honest and realistic all the way around. 

I can't express how much I loved this book. And despite being a full grown adult woman I found this book to be so beautiful and touching. I would recommend this book for young ladies around 9-12 depending on the child, of course. 

14 comments:

  1. I've somehow never read a Judy Blume book, so I totally get what you mean. Glad you liked this one, I've heard it's a favorite for people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is such a sweet innocent read. I can definitely understand why people love it.

      Delete
  2. Old school Judy Blume. Classic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely see why it's a classic! It's a great little read.

      Delete
  3. Seems cute! I've read lots of books like this when I was little but I've never heard of this author.

    https://allmybooksandmovies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a cute read! I'd definitely recommend this book.

      Delete
  4. This book is practically a classic, but I've also never read it. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love reading Judy Blume when I was younger. I've been meaning to pick this one up for awhile now. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this brings back so many memories of my childhood and reading all Judy Blume books! I will definitely have to reserve this one at the library. Sounds like a really good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good one. I definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  7. I read so many Judy Blume books as a kid - have so many of them too that I just found when cleaning up old books - I remember how special some of them were to me. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're so lucky to have found your old books!

      Delete

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ‘ Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...