Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Flowers In The Attic by V.C. Andrews Review

Flowers In The Attic
By V.C. Andrews


🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑

When Corrine Dollanganger's husband dies unexpectedly she finds herself fleeing back to her childhood home at Foxworth Hall with her four children. Corrine had been taken off her father's will when she married an inappropriate suitor. Believing any children between Corrine and her husband would be evil, her father agrees to once again put her on his will if there were no children resulting from the marriage. In order to place herself back in her father's good graces before his death, Corrine and her mother hide the children in the attic until his passing. However, when they days turn into weeks, then months, then years the children finally realize if they are to be rescued it will not be by their mother and they're running out of time.

This was a book I read a few years ago after watching the first Flowers In The Attic movie. I was pleasantly surprised at the differences between the two and definitely enjoyed the book a lot more.

This book had a bit of everything twisted together to become a morbid and sometimes disgusting work of art. Andrews paints us a horrible tale with murder, incest, abuse and other acts of cruelty and insanity. I felt really bad for the children. The mothers main concern was her father's money and she would do anything to get it, even if she paid for it with her children's lives.

Overall, I really liked this book. I found the writing to be an older style but I think it worked well with the contents of the book. I enjoyed watching everything unfold to see just how dark and crazy the story would become. It was an interesting read and I did end up binge reading the entire series, which wasn't something I usually did during the time I read this book. If you've enjoyed this book I do recommend finishing the series as there are so many dark family secrets shared within the five books. The fifth books actually relates to this one and just adds one more kick to the series. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I read this book soooo long ago, and I don’t remember some of the details you relate. Maybe time to reread?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always so much fun to reread a book after a long time! I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...