Friday, June 21, 2019

The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks, Sarah Pekkanen

The Wife Between Us
by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen


πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ‘πŸŒ‘


So normally this is where I would give my version of what happened in the book without giving too much away, well try at least. However, this book was such a cluster that I'm not fully sure how to do that without giving too much away. So for this book I'm going to use the blurb on goodreads.com. 

When you read this book, you will make many assumptions.

You will assume you are reading about a jealous ex-wife.

You will assume she is obsessed with her replacement – a beautiful, younger woman who is about to marry the man they both love.

You will assume you know the anatomy of this tangled love triangle.
Assume nothing.

Twisted and deliciously chilling, Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen's The Wife Between Us exposes the secret complexities of an enviable marriage - and the dangerous truths we ignore in the name of love.


I found this book to be a pretty interesting read. There were a couple plot twists that made reading this kind of feel like looking into a kaleidoscope. Since the book is centered around these plot twists its difficult to make specific comments on it without ruining the book. Although, the blurb does a pretty good job or preparing you for what is to come within the story. The characters were easy to enjoy and sympathize with.

What I didn't like about this book is that when we hit the first plot twist, it was done in a way that seemed like the authors just changed their minds on where they wanted to go with it. It didn't blend well to me. It was predictable and I think it could of been done a lot smoother. The story definitely could of been shorter and less dragged out, however the length wasn't completely terrible.

Overall, I found it good enough to finish without even considering stopping. It did manage to keep me interested through a good portion of it just not on the edge of my seat. After hearing so many good reviews I was expecting something more... thrilling. This is actually why I don't read reviews until after I have read the book myself. I would say the audience who would enjoy this book most are those who enjoy the crazy female lead types and fans of domestic thrillers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ‘ Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...