Monday, June 10, 2019

Alice's Adventures In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll Review

Alice's Adventures In Wonderland
by Lewis Carroll


One sunny afternoon, Alice is sat by a tree listening to her sister read. All of sudden a white rabbit appears and runs down the rabbit hole. What was Alice to do upon seeing such a sight? She followed it of course! And thus Alice's Adventures in Wonderland begin. Along the way we meet the inhabitants of Wonderland; The White Rabbit, The Mad Hatter, The Queen Of Hearts, Cheshire Cat, The Blue Caterpillar, and of course The White Rabbit. Carroll takes us on a crazy adventure as we experience the most curious events happening deep inside the imagination of Alice.

But I don’t want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked.
Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.” “How do you know I’m mad?” said Alice.
You must be,” said the Cat, “or you wouldn’t have come here.”

Until recently, I had never read the story of Alice in Wonderland; not even the children's version. Nor had I ever watched the movie. Earlier this year I ended up listening to the audio book version; I enjoyed it but have trouble concentrating on books being read to me. Fast forward to last week I decide it's finally time to read it for myself.

I enjoyed this book. I liked how it made very little sense. It was just a fun little story you could get lost in without having to worry about any rhyme, reason or logic. Carroll just threw all that out the window and threw some crazy characters, weird situations and little bit more crazy all together and gave us this wonderfully charming piece of work.

I quite agree with you,” said the Duchess; “and the moral of that is—‘Be what you would seem to be’—or, if you’d like it put more simply—‘Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.’”

If you haven't read this classic yet, I recommend that you do. It's great for those times when you just want to read some nonsense or when you just want to let your imagination run wild. Alice in Wonderland is good for all ages. In fact, when I read it I read it with my daughter as her bed time story (over a few nights of course). It's fun, it's silly and it's definitely worth the time it will take you to read it. 

In another moment down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

6 comments:

  1. I just read this book for the first time a few weeks ago! :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Did you enjoy the book? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for reminding me how wonderful this book is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read this one, actually! Glad you enjoyed it.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...