Friday, May 24, 2019

F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher Review

F*ck Love
By Tarryn Fisher


⭐⭐⭐⭐

Helena Conway is reliable and plain, she loves her boyfriend Neil, her best friend Della and is on her way to a nice predictable life. That is until she has a dream where she ends up loving and making a life with Della's boyfriend Kit. Thrown for a loop, she decides to ignore the dream and continue to live her life as she always has. Things just keep getting more and more complicated until finally things simply can't be ignored. Now Helena must decide what is most important to her and what is she willing to do in order to get what she wants.

The writing itself was good. I was entertained throughout the entire book and hated to put it down. The story itself was enjoyable, however, certain things in the book dragged on longer than necessary.

The characters were done really well, even the ones I didn't particularly like or enjoy. I found they were well fleshed out with individual personalities instead of just being flat and one dimensional.

Helena is a strong character. She is fierce, independent and the one who takes care of others. She tries to do right by everyone despite her own feelings. Helena's downfall is the way she allows other people to treat her. She puts up with too much despite how it makes her feel. While I'm glad things worked out for her in the end I still feel like she deserved better than what she got.

I felt this book wrapped up nicely, it didn't leave anything unanswered or unresolved. Despite what happens throughout the rest of the book, the ending leaves everyone, well almost everyone, happy and that makes it hard to not be happy with it. I would read another book by this author. I'd recommend this book to fans of romance.

2 comments:

  1. I thought this one was pretty alright. I picked it up because so many bloggers were literally RAVING about it and I felt like I never really got what was so phenomenal about it? I don't know, maybe I just didn't read it in the right mood or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it but certain things took some of the enjoyment away. I dont want to spoil for anyone who may see this comment so I'll stay brief, but I think the back and forth was too much. If that had of been a lot less I think I would of loved it.

      Delete

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...