Thursday, April 18, 2019

My Top 3 "Stories Worth Telling" Picks

My Top 3
"Stories Worth Telling"
Picks

Have you ever had a book that just stuck with you for whatever reason? Maybe it shocked you so hard you'll never forget it, or maybe it just got you right in the feels. I've definitely had those books that took me on a journey I never expected to go on. So today I'm giving you a list of My Top 3 "Stories Worth Telling" Picks. Enjoy!

☆1☆
Luna by Julie Anne Peter's 


Luna is the story of Liam, a MTF transgender teen who hates that she was born with male parts. In this book we see Liam deal with isolation and rejection from family and peers. We see all her trials and hard decisions she has to make before finally becoming the girl she always felt she was meant to be. Told through the eyes of his sister Regan, Luna is a truly touching story that, I believe, needs to be put out there. It's been years sense I read this and parts of it still rip at my heart strings. There is nothing graphic or disturbing in this book that would make it for an older audience and it is a great eye opener.  I recommend this book to everyone.

☆2☆
Hate List by Jennifer Brown


Valerie Leftman made a list with her boyfriend Nick. It was list of all the people they hated in their school, people they couldn't wait to get away from, but it was supposed to be just a list. Until Nick brings a gun to school and uses the individuals on the list as his targets. When Valerie accidentally shot trying to stop him, Nick turns the gun on himself and commits suicide. Despite saving the life of one of her classmates, Valerie must still accept her role in what happened with the list she helped create. Now, after months away she must return to school and face the aftermath of the shooting and accept the role she played in it. 

☆3☆
Jumping Off Swings by Jo Knowles 


Teen pregnancy is a hard issue to face. As a teen parent myself, I found this book really spoke to me and once I opened it, I didnt close it until it was finished. 

Jumping Off Swings is the story of Ellie, Josh and their one night fling that ended with a pregnancy. Ellie just wanted to feel accepted and loved, something very common in young ladies, and these boys made her feel that even if it was only for a short time. While the main focus is on Ellie and how she makes the very difficult decision on what to do regarding her pregnancy, you do get to see the perspectives of Josh, and the two friends the young parents-to-be tell about their situation. I think this book shows how hard a situation like this can be. The choices Ellie has to make are real, and I think it's important for teens to have access to this type of literature, if only to get a sense of how difficult the situation can really be. I recommend this book to teens ages 13+.

These were my top picks from books I have read and gotten the major feels from. Comment down below your top picks for "Stories Worth Telling" out of books you've read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz REVIEW

The Headmaster's List by Melissa de la Cruz 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 Blurb When fifteen-year-old Chris Moore is tragically killed in a car crash, Argy...